How do I verify my account?
- What do you need from me?
- How can I send you my documents securely?
- Some tips on getting it right first time...
- Can I also email you the documents?
- How long will it take for my account to be verified?
- What if I don't have the required documents?
- Why do I need to verify my account?
- I've already verified my account - why are you asking me to send more documents?
First, check if we have your current residential address registered on your William Hill account.
a) If not, please provide us with your current residential address (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org). We can then run our automated checking process which may provide us with the electronic identification that's required.
b) If so, please provide the following:
Driving Licence: front and back
Passport: the pages that include your photo
National Identity Card: front and back
Other documents: Electoral ID, Residence Permit, Age Card and Citizencard/Yoti Citizencard (UK only)
Bank or Credit Card Statement: issued within the LAST three (3) months [last six (6) months for non-UK residents], showing your full name, address and the issuing body's name or logo (please block out your bank card number if it appears on the statement).
Utility Bill (e.g. gas, electric, water) or Council Tax Bill: issued within the LAST three (3) months [last six (6) months for non-UK residents], showing your full name, address and the issuing body's name or logo.
Please photograph or scan the two documents, then send the copies as a .PDF or .JPG via Direct Secure Upload. See full instructions below:
Enter your registered email address and username in the provided fields.
Click on 'Choose File' to attach your documents one by one.
You'll receive a confirmation message with a unique reference number.
- Make sure that you're clearly identifiable in the proof of identity photos.
- Each document must be sent as a separate image: photo-captured (.JPG) images are preferred, but if you'd rather scan your documents, send them as a .PDF.
- Your picture must be in colour, in focus and all the text must be easy to read.
- Your full passport photo page or ID must be in shot: don't leave any bits out or cover with your hand or fingers.
- Your lighting must be good: to prevent any glare, don't use flash.
Yes, you can send the copies as a .PDF or .JPG attachment to email@example.com.
Please make sure to include your William Hill username in the email subject line.
Once we have the copies of the two documents, we’ll be in touch via email within 24 hours to confirm whether your account is ready to go.
We can also accept a Signed Credit Agreement as proof of address/finances - it may take a little longer to verify your details though.
Please get in touch with us via email for advice.
Verifying that you're over 18 and that you're who you say you are (a process called Know Your Customer or 'KYC') are part and parcel of gambling responsibly and something that the Gambling Commission requires us to do. In most cases, this process is completed automatically but if the automated process fails, you'll be asked for documents.
Since 7th May 2019, if you register as a UK or Isle of Man customer, we’ll need to complete verification before you deposit to avoid your account being suspended. If you're an existing customer before 7th May, this will apply to you too: we need to complete the same checks in order for your account to remain open.
For non-UK customers, age and KYC verification checks take place on your first deposit. Your account may be suspended until you have passed these checks.
Rest assured that we're careful with your data: we store the documents in line with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For more information on how we store your data, please click here.
Occasionally, we may need further verification from you to comply with additional regulatory requirements.
So even if you've already provided documents in the past, we may ask for more information at a later date.