How do I verify my account?
- What do you need from me?
- How can I send you my documents securely?
- Some tips on getting it right first time...
- Can I also email you the documents?
- How long will it take for my account to be verified?
- What if I don't have the required documents?
- Why do I need to verify my account?
- I've already verified my account - why are you asking me to send more documents?
- Driving Licence: front and back
- Passport: the pages that include your photo
- National Identity Card: front and back
- Bank or Credit Card Statement: issued within the last 6 months, showing your full name and address and the issuing body's name or logo (please block out your bank card number if it appears on the statement)
- Utility Bill (e.g. gas, electric, water) or Council Tax Bill: issued within the last 6 months, showing your full name and address and the issuing body's name or logo
- Click here
- Enter your registered email address and username in the provided fields
- Click on 'Choose File' to attach your documents one by one
- Click 'Continue'
- You'll receive a confirmation message with a unique reference number
- Click here
- Select 'Verification/Documents' from the Product menu
- Enter your name and registered email in the provided fields
- Type 'verification' in the 'Question' field, and click 'Continue'
- Once you're connected on Live Chat, give the chat agent your registered email address or username
- You can hit the paperclip icon to attach your documents
- Make sure that you are clearly identifiable in the proof of identity photos
- Each document must be sent as a separate image: photo-captured (.jpg) images are preferred, but if you'd rather scan your documents, send them as a .pdf
- Your picture must be in colour, in focus and all the text must be easy to read
- Your full passport photo page or ID must be in shot: don't leave any bits out or cover with your hand or fingers
- Your lighting must be good: to prevent any glare, don't use flash
Yes, you can send the copies as a .pdf or .jpg attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you include your William Hill username in the email subject line.
Once we have the copies of the two documents, we’ll be in touch by email within 24 hours to confirm whether your account is ready to go.
It’s fastest and easiest to send the documents listed above, but if you don’t have them we can also accept a Birth Certificate as proof of identity or a Signed Credit Agreement as proof of address/finances - it may take a little longer to verify your details though. Please get in touch with us via Live Chat or email for advice.
Rest assured that we're careful with your data: we store the documents in line with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For more information on how we store your data please click here.
Occasionally we may need further verification from you to comply with additional regulatory requirements. So even if you've already provided documents in the past, we may ask for more information at a later date.